Plywood Lounge Chair & Ottoman, Black Premium Leather/Palisander
Comparing price? Its a fact. Only a small percent of the worlds leather is of high enough quality to earn the grade "Top Grain Aniline". The original Charles Eames Chair used it and so does the Kardiel reproduction. Like the original, the Kardiel chair has a natural rich luster.
- Chair and Ottoman feature the original “Herman Miller Style” 5 star base and back supports.
- Wooden shell features 7 ply’s of cross grain engineered wood
- Shell is Kiln dry stabilized to prevent warping or cracking
- 6” thick urethane foam CA-117 compliant cushions
- Built in Swivel mechanism with threaded glides for long lasting level seating
- 4 coats of no wax UV cured scratch resistant polyurethane finish on the wooden shell
- 100% Top Grain Aniline Leather (not just 100% Italian leather)
- True to the original: Fixed backward tilt of approximately 15 degrees
- Individually upholstered and replaceable cushions
- 100% Top Grain Aniline piping and buttons
- True to original 5 star lounge base
- Adjustable stainless steel guides with protector foot-caps
- True to the original, thinner profile dense cushion arm rests
- True to the original Hard Rubber Disc Mounts connect the head and back rest
- Black Aluminum Cast base and back braces with high polished bright aluminum trim
- Chair Dimensions: height 34.6″ at the highest point x depth 33.1″ x width 35.4″
- Ottoman Dimensions: height 16.5″ x depth 21.7″ x width 26.8″
- Some assembly required
- 3 year manufacture warranty
- This item is not an original Charles & Ray Eames Lounge chair, nor is it manufactured by or affiliated with Herman Miller.
What it means when others indicate “100% Italian Leather.”
When the specifications of the furniture in question state that it is made with 100% leather or 100% Italian Leather but it does not state 100% Top Grain Aniline Leather then it is made using 100% Corrected Grain Leather. Most, if not all reproductions in the mid price range are upholstered with Corrected Grain Leather. Corrected Grain is technically a form of leather that has a layer of polyurethane applied to the surface, which is then stamped or embossed using a synthetic plastic print roller to have the appearance of leather. By law, In the U.K and Australia corrected grain can no longer be sold as 100% leather. When that embossed polyurethane top layer wears through, your option is new furniture or a complete re-upholstery job.
100% Top Grain Aniline Italian Leather
One of Kardiel’s quality differences
Aniline dyed leather comes with various names depending on the manufacturer or the furniture company. You may come across names like premium aniline, naked aniline, aniline top grain, or true aniline, they’re all the same. Aniline is leather that has been dyed all the way through. It has no artificial top layer of anything applied. It is soft, pliable with a texture that caresses the hand as it runs over its surface. The porous nature of aniline leather allows it to breathe which in turn makes it that much more comfortable and durable. Aniline is genuine leather and patinas over time versus cracking and wearing out.
Kardiel specializes in fast home and business delivery of modern classic reproduction furniture across the U.S including Hawaii and Alaska. We regularly ship to our Canadian neighbors and International customers as well. Our curbside delivery service is damage free guaranteed. We use large reliable carriers such as FEDEX freight, which boast a 99% damage free success rate and provide tracking numbers.
White Glove Delivery
Need a little more attention? Special circumstances require a lift-gate or inside delivery? These are available. Contact us at 877-844-4988 for rates on White Glove delivery services.
Furniture Order Processing Time
Stock permitting, orders ship promptly from our warehouse. Tracking numbers are emailed to you so that you can watch the progress of your shipment as soon as they are made available to us. Average delivery times are posted below.
Continental U.S & Canada Furniture Delivery Times
On average contingent U.S customers can anticipate delivery within our current 5-7 business day average. Canadian customers can anticipate delivery within our 7-10 business day delivery average. Customs delays on orders to Canada are not common but do occur and are beyond Kardiels control.
Hawaii & Alaska Furniture Delivery Times
Hawaii & Alaska orders allow average 12-18 business days for arrival. Tracking numbers will be provided. Alaska and Hawaii orders are not eligible for advertised “continental U.S” shipping promotions. Alaska and Hawaii customers please contact us to receive a custom discounted delivery quote.
International orders allow average 18-24 business days for arrival. Tracking numbers will be provided. Customs delays on International orders are not common but can occur and are beyond Kardiels control. International orders are not eligible for advertised continental U.S shipping promotions. International customers please contact us to receive a custom discounted delivery quote.
Fabric and Leather Samples
Samples ship via USPS Priority Mail. Samples typically arrive within 4-5 days for U.S customer and 7-8 days for Canadian Customers and 10-12 days for international customers. Customs delays on sample orders international and to Canada are not common but can occur and are beyond Kardiels control.
Damage Free Guaranteed
We take the risk and make it easy in the unlikely event of freight damage. If you do your part by inspecting on delivery day, we will handle your claim for you. Prior to the delivery company leaving, you must inspect the contents of the boxes and sign for any freight damage. We will issue you a return ticket and refund or replace the damaged item as inventory availability permits. Important reminder, If you do not inspect the contents of the cartons and sign for freight damage, we are not able to file a claim for you nor honor a replacement or refund